2020 has certainly been a challenging year in many ways, and I hope that everyone who is reading this has been only minimally affected by the outbreak of Covid-19.The government permitted the re-opening of dance studios from 25th July, and I am delighted to see the return of many current students, and a number of new students too. With health and well-being receiving ever more focus than before, it is fantastic to see that dance remains important in peoples lives, for not only the physical and mental benefits that it generates, but also for the fun and social aspects that it promotes which have been so absent for many throughout the majority of this year.
There are obviously a number of changes that are needed to be adhered to for the safe return to the dance studio, and I set out below guidelines to help the parents of my students. In addition, I have published my most recent (and on-going) risk assessment survey here - risk assessment.
- Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes before the start of class and then wait outside ready to be collected by Miss Rebecca. Once entering the reception area if needing the toilet then you must go before the class starts.
- Parents of the after-school class children must wait in their cars whilst class is taking place and then be ready to collect from the reception door once class has finished.
- Pre-school parents may accompany their children into the Birch Farm reception area and into the studio.
- Please follow the one-way system in reception leading to studio/café/toilets.
- Face coverings for adults are compulsory inside of the complex unless seated to eat/drink in the cafe.
- Use of hand sanitisers in reception and also studio to be used before and after class.
- Children must come dressed ready for the class with hair already tied back and leotards on with something warm over the top.
- Social distancing to be in place whilst moving around the site.
- Floor markers will be used in the studio to indicate the students own dancing space.
- Restricted class numbers to adhere to social distancing.
- Each child will be given their own props during class which will then be sprayed after with anti-bacterial spray.
- Frequent cleaning of Barre and any touch points with anti-bacterial spray before and after every class.
- Café will be open for takeaway coffee/teas and will be operating a one-way system. The café cannot be used as a waiting room and the seating area will only be for customers who have purchased food.
- If you become unwell with any COVID-19 symptoms please do not come to class, stay at home and notify me immediately.
- Wherever possible payment should be made by bank transfer.